Magnifi for Desktop (aka the “Magic M”) is a downloadable PWA (Progressive Web Application). Once you register for the Magnifi Video Widget, it can be downloaded (already customized with your specific login credentials) and placed on your desk top. It lets you book Instant and Scheduled Meetings at the touch of a button, without having to login the Widget Administration.
NOTE: Magnifi for Desktop only works with the Google Chrome browser.
1. Navigate to https://widget.magnifi.io/ and sign in.
2. On the Welcome Screen in the Widget Administration there is a panel labelled Magnifi for Desktop. Click on the “Make Life Easier” button.
3. You will be taken to a screen with a link to download Magnifi for Desktop. Click on “here” to begin your download.
4. If your browser asks you to confirm the installation, do so.
5. Upon installation, the “Magic M” shortcut will be added to your desktop (Windows 10) or toolbar (Mac), and Magnifi for Desktop will automatically open up on your desktop.
How to Use Magnifi for Desktop
6. To open Magnifi for Desktop, click on the Magic M shortcut on your desktop (Windows 10) or toolbar (Mac).
7. To start an Instant Video Meeting, click on the “Jump Right In” button
8. The Instant Meeting screen will appear. Enter the email addresses (or mobile numbers) of people you would like to invite to the meeting, and click Send Invitations.
9. The system will book your meeting and sent invitations to your guests. Click OK to close the window and start your meeting.
10. The Instant Meeting opens automatically in your browser. Note there is NO LOBBY for instant meetings, you will be taken directly into the meeting.
Schedule a Future Meeting
11. To schedule a Future Video Meeting, click on the “Shape Your Destiny” button
12. The Schedule Meeting screen will appear. Fill out the form exactly as you would in the Widget Administration.
- The Meeting Title is autofilled but you are welcome to change it. A title is required for the meeting
- Description field is optional
- Use the Date & Time Picker to select the Date and Time you’d like to schedule the meeting for.
- Set the expected Duration of the meeting in hours and minutes.
- When you are ready, click on the Submit Request button to create the meeting.
- The system will display a Meeting Details screen outlining what you have booked.
- To invite attendees, you can:
(a) Click on the Copy Meeting Details link and paste into an email or other messaging system. This will provide all the information a user requires to attend a meeting, but does not calendar the meeting for either Host or Guests.
(b) If you’d like to enable you and your invitees to easily add the meeting to their calendar, you can use the ICS (email or download) option at the bottom of the meeting details screen. If you use a webmail client (Gmail, Outlook web, Yahoo), email works best. If you use a mail client on your desktop (Outlook, iCal), downloading works best.
(c) Import the ICS file into your calendar program. Once the ICS has been imported and the meeting has been added to your calendar, you may edit the meeting and add participants from your calendar program.
NOTE: ICS files include your complete set of Meeting Details, as part of the ICS file.
13. When you have selected your ICS option, please click on the Close button.
14. When you are not using Magnifi for Desktop, the “Magic M” shortcut is available on your desktop at all times
Uninstall Magnifi for Desktop
15. To uninstall Magnifi for Desktop, simply click on the “Magic M” shortcut to open the application
16. Click on the 3 dots in the top menu bar. This will open a dropdown list.
17. Click on “Uninstall Magnifi”
18. If you are asked to confirm the uninstall, do so (click “Remove”). To clear all traces of the Magnifi for Desktop from your computer, make sure to select the “Also clear data from Chrome”