1. First, if your webcam is an external device, ensure it is plugged in and fully seated.
2. If on the Magnifi platform, try the Audio/Video Reset option at the top of your screen while in a meeting. Clicking this button resets your audio and the video feed for the other users in the meeting. Follow the on-screen screen instructions to re-enter the meeting. NOTE: This option does not exist for Widget-generated Meetings
There are a few setting to check if your camera isn't working properly. We'll break them down by Device/browser as there are some differences
1. Have you granted permission to Magnifi to use your microphone?
Make sure you are on the Magnifi website. Go to Safari > Settings for The Website.
A box will appear outlining what the settings currently are. Confirm the following:
- Auto-Play: Allow All Auto-Play
- Pop-up Windows: Allow
- Camera: Allow
- Microphone: Allow
If any of the settings are not as listed, click on the Allow/Deny/Ask part of the setting to adjust
To confirm the Camera setting, on your Safari menu, go to Safari > Preferences. This will bring up a larger settings box.
Click on Camera in the left column, and confirm that the setting for prod.magnifi.io is set to Allow.
Close the window when you are done.
2. Power cycle the system.
Power the computer down down, plug in your earphone/mic (if using), then power the computer up again.
This should clear out any old data from your cache.
3. If you are in a call, confirm that your camera is turned on in KnowledgeSuite.
In a One to One call, the camera icon will be at the bottom of the screen in the call bar, and it will look like this:
When the Camera icon has a line through it, as above, it means your Camera is turned OFF
When the Camera icon is plain, as above, it means your Camera is turned ON.
In a Free, By The Minute, or Prepaid Group Call, the Microphone icon is also at the bottom of the screen in the call bar. Group Calls have a slightly more complex call bar, which on Windows appears when you hover.
You can see in the example below the Camera is turned OFF when it is orange and has a line through it.
When the Camera is turned on it is teal, without a line through it, as in the example below