1. First, if your webcam is an external device, ensure it is plugged in and fully seated.
2. If on the Magnifi platform, try the Audio/Video Reset option at the top of your screen while in a meeting. Clicking this button resets your audio and the video feed for the other users in the meeting. Follow the on-screen screen instructions to re-enter the meeting. NOTE: This option does not exist for Widget-generated Meetings
There are a few setting to check if your camera isn't working properly. We'll break them down by Device/browser as there are some differences
1. Before entering a call, confirm your Microphone is enabled in Windows 10
Head to Settings (aka Control Panel) > Privacy > Camera.
Check that it says “Camera access for this device is on.” If Windows says camera access is off, click the “Change” button and set it to “On.”
Below that, ensure “Allow apps to access your camera” is set to “On.” If camera access is off, all applications on your system won’t be able to access your camera.
Scroll down a bit (just past the Microsoft Store Apps section), and ensure “Allow desktop apps to access your Camera” is set to “On.”
2. Have you granted permission to Magnifi to use your camera?
In your site settings on your browser, you have to allow Magnifi to access the camera. First, make sure you're actually signed into Magnifi and on the site. Your profile page is a good place to work from. Next, click on the little padlock icon to the left of the URL in your address bar. A box like this will appear:
You can see the security settings for this particular webpage for your Camera, Microphone, Notifications, etc. Ensure that the Camera, Microphone, and Notifications, and Pop-ups/redirects are all set to "ALLOW" in the drop down lists. These settings will only affect the Magnifi site itself.
Finally, click on SITE SETTINGS at the bottom of the box and you will be taken to the main settings for all websites. Under "Permissions" Ensure the Camera setting is set to Allow.
Close the settings box and test your camera. If it still doesn't work, power cycle your PC just to clear out any old data form your cache and then try again on KnowledgeSuite. You should now have a functioning Camera
3. If you are in a call, confirm that your camera is turned on in KnowledgeSuite.
In a One to One call, the camera icon will be at the bottom of the screen in the call bar, and it will look like this:
When the Camera icon has a line through it, as above, it means your Camera is turned OFF
When the Camera icon is plain, as above, it means your Camera is turned ON.
In a Free, By The Minute, or Prepaid Group Call, the Microphone icon is also at the bottom of the screen in the call bar. Group Calls have a slightly more complex call bar, which on Windows appears when you hover.
You can see in the example below the Camera is turned OFF when it is orange and has a line through it.
When the Camera is turned on it is teal, without a line through it, as in the example below