1. First, if your mic is external, ensure your microphone plug is fully seated in the appropriate outlet. If your mic has the option to be turned on or off at a mechanical level (as part of a set of earphones, for instance), ensure it is switched on. Make sure the mic itself is functional on a cell phone call or other program.
2. If on the Magnifi platform, try the Audio/Video Reset option at the top of your screen while in a meeting. Clicking this button resets your audio and the video feed for the other users in the meeting. Follow the on-screen screen instructions to re-enter the meeting. NOTE: This option does not exist for Widget-generated Meetings
3. Manually exit the call and re-enter using the original call link.
1. Before entering a call, ensure your Mac microphone is recognized and selected.
On your Mac, Click on the Apple menu top left. Open System Preferences. Click on the Sound icon. Select Input from the tabs at the top of the window. You should see ‘Internal Microphone’ listed in the table—this is your MacBook’s built-in microphone.
Select the ‘Internal Microphone’ and start saying something out loud to make a sound. Below the Input selection box you should see some grey bars lighting up to show the input level. Drag the Input volume slider above that so that the microphone volume is loud enough.
2. Have you granted permission to Magnifi to use your microphone?
In your site settings on your browser, you have to allow Magnifi to access the microphone. First, make sure you're actually signed into Magnifi and on the site. Your profile page is a good place to work from. Next, click on the little padlock icon to the left of the URL in your address bar. A box like this will appear:
You can see the security settings for this particular webpage for your Camera, Microphone, Notifications, etc. Ensure that the Camera, Microphone, and Notifications, and Pop-ups/redirects are all set to "ALLOW" in the drop down lists. These settings will only affect the Magnifi site itself.
Finally, click on SITE SETTINGS at the bottom of the box and you will be taken to the main settings for all websites. Under "Permissions" Ensure the Microphone setting is set to Allow.
Close the settings box and test your microphone. If it still doesn't work, power cycle your computer just to clear out any old data from your cache and then try again on Magnifi. You should now have a functioning Microphone.
3. Power cycle the system.
Power the computer down down, plug in your earphone/mic (if using), then power the computer up again.
This should clear out any old data from your cache. You should now have a functioning Microphone.
4. If you are already in a call, confirm that your microphone is turned on in Magnifi.
In a One to One call, the microphone icon will be at the bottom of the screen in the call bar, and it will look like this:
When the Microphone icon is plain, as above, it means your Mic is turned ON
When the Microphone icon has a line through it, as above, it means your Mic is turned OFF (muted)
In a Free, By The Minute, or Prepaid Group Call, the Microphone icon is also at the bottom of the screen in the call bar. Group Calls have a slightly more complex call bar.
You can see in the example below the Mic is turned ON when it shows as teal.
When the Mic is turned OFF it is orange and has a line through it, as in the example below