1. First, if your microphone is external, ensure your microphone plug is fully seated in the appropriate outlet. If your mic has the option to be turned on or off at a mechanical level (as part of a set of earphones, for instance), ensure it is switched on. Make sure the mic itself is functional on a cell phone call or other program.
2. If on the Magnifi platform, try the Audio/Video Reset option at the top of your screen while in a meeting. Clicking this button resets your audio and the video feed for the other users in the meeting. Follow the on-screen screen instructions to re-enter the meeting. NOTE: This option does not exist for Widget-generated Meetings
3. Manually exit the call and re-enter using the original call link.
1. Have you granted permission to Magnifi to use your microphone?
This time when you click on the little "aA" icon to the left of the URL in your address bar, you're going to click on the last entry in the box, Website Settings.
This will bring up a bigger "settings" box, Here, after confirming that "Request Desktop Website" is green and toggled to the right, look a bit further down to the Camera and Microphone settings. Confirm each of these is set to ALLOW.
When you're finished, click on "DONE" in the top left corner of the box.
2. Power cycle the system.
Power the iPad down, plug in your earphone/mic (if using), then power the iPad up again.
This should clear out any old data from your cache. You should now have a functioning Microphone.
3. If you are already in a call, confirm that your microphone is turned on in Magnifi.
In a One to One call, the microphone icon will be at the bottom of the screen in the call bar, and it will look like this:
When the Microphone icon is plain, as above, it means your Mic is turned ON
When the Microphone icon has a line through it, as above, it means your Mic is turned OFF (muted)
In a Free, By The Minute, or Prepaid Group Call, the Microphone icon is also at the bottom of the screen in the call bar. Group Calls have a slightly more complex call bar.
You can see in the example below the Mic is turned ON when it shows as teal.
When the Mic is turned OFF it is orange and has a line through it, as in the example below