1. First, ensure your microphone plug is fully seated in the appropriate outlet. If your mic has the option to be turned on or off at a mechanical level (as part of a set of earphones, for instance), ensure it is switched on. Make sure the mic itself is functional on a cell phone call or other program.
2. If on the Magnifi platform, try the Audio/Video Reset option at the top of your screen while in a meeting. Clicking this button resets your audio and the video feed for the other users in the meeting. Follow the on-screen screen instructions to re-enter the meeting. NOTE: This option does not exist for Widget-generated Meetings
3. Manually exit the call and re-enter using the original call link.
There are a few setting to check if it seems like your mic isn't working. We'll break them down by Device/browser as there are some differences
1. Before entering a call, confirm your Microphone is enabled in Windows 10
Windows 10’s Settings app has a few options that disable your microphone system-wide, in all applications. If your webcam is disabled in Settings, even desktop applications can’t receive microphone input.
Head to Settings (aka Control Panel) > Privacy > Microphone.
Check that it says “Microphone access for this device is on.” If Windows says microphone access is off, click the “Change” button and set it to “On.”
Below that, ensure “Allow apps to access your microphone” is set to “On.” If microphone access is off, all applications on your system won’t be able to hear audio from your microphone.
Scroll down a bit (just past the Microsoft Store Apps section), and ensure “Allow desktop apps to access your microphone” is set to “On.”
2. Have you granted permission to Magnifi to use your microphone?
In your site settings on your browser, you have to allow Magnifi to access the microphone. First, make sure you're actually signed into Magnifi and on the site. Your profile page is a good place to work from. Next, click on the little padlock icon to the left of the URL in your address bar. A box like this will appear:
You can see the security settings for this particular webpage for your Camera, Microphone, Notifications, etc. Ensure that the Camera, Microphone, and Notifications, and Pop-ups/redirects are all set to "ALLOW" in the drop down lists. These settings will only affect the KnowledgeSuite site itself.
Finally, click on SITE SETTINGS at the bottom of the box and you will be taken to the main settings for all websites. Under "Permissions" Ensure the Microphone setting is set to Allow.
Close the settings box and test your microphone. If it still doesn't work, power cycle your PC just to clear out any old data form your cache and then try again on KnowledgeSuite. You should now have a functioning Microphone.
3. If you are in a call, confirm that your microphone is turned on in Magnifi.
In a One to One call, the microphone icon will be at the bottom of the screen in the call bar, and it will look like this:
When the Microphone icon is plain, as above, it means your Mic is turned ON
When the Microphone icon has a line through it, as above, it means your Mic is turned OFF (muted)
In a Free, By The Minute, or Prepaid Group Call, the Microphone icon is also at the bottom of the screen in the call bar. Group Calls have a slightly more complex call bar, which on Windows appears when you hover.
You can see in the example below the Mic is turned ON when it shows as teal.
When the Mic is turned OFF it is orange and has a line through it, as in the example below