- How-To (Basic Customizations)
- Change Meeting Room and Lobby Background and Text Colours
- Set Recording and Dial-In Options
- Customizing the Widget & Meeting Room Icon
- Customer Support Configurations - Options to Handle Missed Calls
- Setting Host Availability for “Request a Meeting” Configurations
- Meeting End Screen Customization
All Widgets include customization options which must be set in the Widget administration interface. These customizations include:
- Background colour of the video meeting and lobby
- Text colour of the video meeting and lobby
- Recording calls
- Providing a dial-in number for meeting attendees who do not have access to a computer
- Customizing the icons associated with the Widget configuration
- For all Customer Support presets, the host can set how missed calls will be managed. For the Customer Support – Request-A-Meeting preset, the host must set their availability in the Widget Administration interface (see Step 8 for more information)
- Meeting end screen
More sophisticated customizations can be achieved using the SDK (Software Development Kit)
How-To (Basic Customizations)
1. Navigate to https://widget.magnifi.io/ and sign in using your Widget subscription credentials. After you sign in you will see the Welcome Screen.
2. Click on the Unlock My Design Skills button on the lower left section of page. This will take you to the Widget Management Screen where each of your Preset Configurations are listed. To perform basic customizations, choose the Preset Configuration you would like to edit and click on Customize under Actions.
Change Meeting Room and Lobby Background and Text Colours
3. This will open the Edit view of the specific preset configuration. Scroll down until you come to the Settings section, where you can customize meeting room and lobby background and text colours:
Both of these options can be adjusted using the colour selection feature. You can enter the RGB codes for a colour, or choose a colour visually using the pointer and sliders.
Set Recording and Dial-In Options
4. Scroll further down the Edit screen until you see a series of options with empty checkboxes.
- To record the meeting, place a check in the Record Meeting Recorded sessions can be found in the Widget management under past meetings.
- To ensure users without access to a computer can participate, place a check in the box beside Provide Dial-In Number for Calls. The dial-in number will be generated and shared automatically.
- Hosts can customize copy on the outbound invitation to best suit their specific situation.
Customizing the Widget & Meeting Room Icon
5. Each preset comes with a default icon option selected, plus options. The icon represents what element or specific piece of functionality you are able to use or conversely, you may upload your own (such as a company logo or other type of key brand element). The window below is how the logo selection appears in the application.
To upload your own icon or logo, select a .JPG or .PNG file, with a maximum file size of 5MB. You can choose one of three sizes/aspect ratios to upload (NOTE: if the aspect ratios of your logo and the original image do not match, the system will compress your image to fit the aspect ratio of the original image file. We suggest editing your image to ensure the aspect ratio remains correct)
- 50 x 50 pixels: The image must be square with a 1:1 aspect ratio
- 114 x 29 pixels: This image must be a horizontal rectangle with a 114:29 aspect ratio
- 100 x 100 pixels: The image must be square with a 1:1 aspect ratio
Click on the Upload button that corresponds to the size and aspect ratio of your image, then select the file you wish to upload. Once uploaded, the system will show you a preview of how your image will look.
The image you choose will appear as the Widget “button” the User clicks on to activate, this image will also appear at the top of the Lobby and Meeting Rooms.
NOTE: Icon customizations can only be applied when the user is embedding Widgets using the Embed Code copied from the “Widget Management” screen. Iframe Embed codes (Copied from the “Groups” screen) do not feature customizable icons. To fully customize your Widget deployment, please use the SDK (Software Development Kit).
Customer Support Configurations - Options to Handle Missed Calls
6. If someone is not available to answer an incoming videocall there are three options within Customer Support presets, as to how missed calls are handled.
- Request a Meeting form: Caller is redirected to a form generated by the Widget in which the caller can request a meeting for a specific future date and time. The Account Administrator is notified of the meeting by email as soon as it is booked. Once the meeting is booked, both the host and the caller will receive a relevant .ics file.
- NOTE: For this option to function, the Account Administrator must fill out the Availability Form on the Widget Administration (see Step 7: Setting Host Availability for “Request a Meeting” Configurations, below).
- Leave a Message page: Caller is redirected to a form where they can leave their name, contact information, and a message. Entries on this form will be sent via email to the Account Administrator (or to their Representative as specified in the Widget Administration under Settings/Profile).
- Custom Redirect: Caller is redirected to a webpage as specified in the URL field below: “Missed Call Routing” – the default URL is the Magnifi website. To customize, copy the URL of the site and paste it in place of https://magnifi.io.
Setting Host Availability for “Request a Meeting” Configurations
- For the “Request a Meeting” preset and the “Customer Support – Request a Meeting” preset, the Account Administrator must set the availability in the Widget Admin interface. The set office hours will reflect only the available times that a caller can book a video call.
- In the Widget Admin, navigate to Settings/Availability. The settings default to “unavailable”.
- Click Edit in the top right corner to make changes and click Save when you are done.
Meeting End Screen Customization
- The text at the bottom of the End screen (highlighted in red in the image below) is customizable with your own social media information.
To edit this text, navigate to Settings/Meeting End Screen in the Widget Admin.
Make your changes in the Rich-Text edit file, and click Update