How to Set Availability
Experts can set a general weekly availability schedule that determines when Users will be able to reach them for live calls. To set your availability schedule, from the main menu, select My expert profile -> Availability. You can change your availability hours at any time. To block an entire day from being included in your availability, tap the Edit icon (a pencil to the right of the hour range), select Not available for this day at the bottom of the screen, then tap Update.
In order to allow incoming calls from Users, two conditions are required for an Expert:
- A User initiates the call within the time range set in the Expert's Availability schedule (e.g. 9am to 5pm)
- The Expert's Do not disturb status is turned off - this is done through the main menu: near the top of the menu, just below your profile picture.
Who is Currently Available?
Users can see whether an Expert is available for a live call in three places:
- In search results, currently available Experts have a green phone icon to the right of their profile title
- In the search filter, Users can apply the Availability filter to find only Experts who are "Online now"
- When viewing an Expert's profile, a Call button that is filled with a green background indicates the Expert is currently available.
Booking a Time
If an Expert is not currently available for live calls, Users can message the Expert through Magnifi's in-app Chat tool to find a time for a call. On an Expert's profile, tap the Chat button and initiate conversation.
Remember to add a reminder to your personal calendar for agreed-upon call times.
Tip: there are free services available to streamline your scheduling. Check out our Managing Your Schedule article for more details.