How to Set Availability
Providers can set a general weekly availability schedule that determines when Users will be able to reach them for live calls. To set your availability schedule, from the main menu, select My expert profile -> Availability. You can change your availability hours at any time. To block an entire day from being included in your availability, tap the Edit icon (a pencil to the right of the hour range), select Not available for this day at the bottom of the screen, then tap Update.
In order to allow incoming calls from Users, two conditions are required for a Provider:
- A User initiates the call within the time range set in the Provider's Availability schedule (e.g. 9am to 5pm)
- The Provider's Do not disturb status is turned off - this is done through the main menu: near the top of the menu, just below your profile picture.
Who is Currently Available?
Users can see whether a Provider is available for a live call in three places:
- In search results, currently available Providers have a green phone icon to the right of their profile title
- In the search filter, Users can apply the Availability filter to find only Providers who are "Online now"
- When viewing a Provider's profile, a Call button that is filled with a green background indicates the Provider is currently available.
Booking a Time
If a Provider is not currently available for live calls, Users can message the Provider through Magnifi's in-app Chat tool to find a time for a call. On a Provider's profile, tap the Chat button and initiate conversation.
Remember to add a reminder to your personal calendar for agreed-upon call times.
Tip: there are free services available to streamline your scheduling. Check out our Managing Your Schedule article for more details.